Sunday, February 23, 2014

National Letter Writing Month


Hey Kids....
Guess what time it is,
well
it's
NATIONAL LETTER WRITING MONTH 
SIGN UP TIME.


In case you might be new here to the blog.... National Letter Writing Month was started by the United States Post Office a few years ago to try and get folks into writing letters again. Well.... they don't really promote it any longer.
BUT I DO HERE!!!!

________________________

The way it works is that you email me at
nationalletterwriting@gmail.com
that's it for right now.
I am going to cut it off at 100 people this year or March 10th
whichever comes first.
 
_______________________

 What happens next .....
Well, I in my ultimate wisdom (hahaha) will pair you up with ONE pen pal for the entire month of April. Then you write letters back and forth to each other. You are ONLY required to write ONE letter. That's it.... but it never seems to stop there.


So, there are some people in the group that write letters to everyone. And this year we will be hosing a Phantom Postal Person who is not going to have a pen pal but will be sending random mail out there to folks. And all i say is that it's just polite that if you get some mail from someone... that you respond. Right?

AND THAT'S WHERE IN INSANE 
CRAZY FUN MAILBOX MAYHAM 
TAKES OFF!!!!!


 Some people send fun stuff in the mail 
like a little shaker full of 
candy sprinkles


 Some people send record albums
all decorated and you just slap a stamp on 'em


some people write letters and
some people send cute decorated envelopes and cards


I send some cat food to Rocky the cat,
because he sent dog treats to my Charley.
Pretty cute, eh?


Yep, i have seen bouncy balls sent through the mail

And yep, that's my in my jammies 
after my husband came back from the mailbox with a 
almost life size fly swatter.
So.... do you wanna play????
email me
nationalletterwriting@gmail.com
and 
just give me your name and address
then hold on,
i will get you your pen pal by the last week in March
then get ready for the most fun
and wild month of the year!!!

Oh and Join our facebook page

3 comments:

Createology said...

Lots of Letter Writing fun coming soon! Thank you Lindsay...

Unknown said...

Love that you have taken it on to promote letter writing month! I am a huge advocate for letter writing and encouraging all forms of snail mail communication. I would love to hear how your project has gone? Would love to participate next year.

Unknown said...

So sorry I missed this earlier, Lindsay, would loved to have participated! Saved your blog addy on my screen for next year.